1. Is NPS membership chargeable?
No, NPS membership is free of charge.
2. Who can be a NPS members?
Full Time professional photographers who are:
Working with a registered Company or,
3. Is there any expiration date for the NPS membership?
Yes, the NPS membership will last for 24 months, upon expiration the NPS office will mail out a renewal form to the member.
4. Is the NPS Membership card recognized in other countries?
Currently the NPS membership card obtained locally is only recognized in Australia, Hong Kong and Singapore.
International Recognition is currently pending. If you do require assistance while tworking overseas please contact NPS on +61 (2) 8748 5200 or firstname.lastname@example.org, we will be able to pass on your closest NPS details.
5. I am a freelance photographer and I do own a range of Nikon Professional Equipment. Am I eligible to join the NPS?
The NPS main objective is to provide a better service for Professional Photographer who works/engaged with a registered company/organization. A professional photographer who is working as a freelance or stock photographer will have to include a document on his/her photographic experiences in place of the authorization letter required.
6. I am professional photographer from another country, am I eligible to apply for the NPS Membership card?
No, the application is strictly for photographers working in Australia.
7. I am a self employed photographer with a registered company. Am I required to mail in an authorization/recommendation letter?
Yes, the authorization/recommendation letter printed on your company letter head is still required, you can do a brief write-up about your role in the company.
8. What difference does it make a NPS members different from general users?
Being a NPS members will receive :
Equipment repairs on a priority basis (only for registered equipment)
Major news and sport events support for NPS members
technical Support & Advice
Pre-purchase product evaluation (subject to availability)
Priority counter service
Loan Service - for emergency use (subject to availability)
Free image sensor cleaning on the spot (registered equipment only)
Enjoy repair service and technical support at our service center in the following countries - HONG KONG, AUSTRALIA, SINGAPORE
Invitation to new product launch, seminar & events
Latest news on Nikon Product via email
9. What documents are required for the application?
User will need :
To obtained an authorization / recommendation letter from his or her respective company.
To fill in the application form that can be downloaded from NPS Application Form .
To affixed a passport size photo to the application form.
Authorization / recommendation letter printed on compnay letterhead
Passport Size Photo
Photo copy of Employment letter / press working ID of registered company or organization
Photocopy of Identity Card or Passport
Industry Membership (i.e. AIPP / ACMP)
Two telephone references are required with name, phone number, company and position
either a client or photographic industry person who can confirm applicatn's status as a full-time working professional
10. Can I choose not to include my photo on the NPS Membership card?
The photo on the NPS Card is necessary to prevent fraud. It is a must to attach a passport size photo to the application form else it will be void.
11. How do I know that you have received my NPS application?
We will email you when we have received your application form.
12. How long will it take for you to process the cards upon receiving of my application form?
The processing of the application card will take about 3 weeks to process.
13. Can I email or fax the application form to you instead of mailing?
We only accept mail in application. Email or Fax copy will be rejected. We will need the hard copy of the application form, authorization letter on the company letter head as well as a passport size photo to be mail to us. This is to prevent fraud as well as we need the passport size photo for printing on the NPS membership card. We hereby apologized for any inconveniences caused.
14. Do I have to be present when sending in my Nikon Equipment for servicing or purchasing Nikon Boutique items?
The NPS card holder must be present with the NPS membership card during servicing or making a purchase from the Nikon Boutique.
15. I am a NPS member and recently I had just purchase a camera or equipment which is not within the equipment listings. Can my newly purchase equipment be covered by the NPS servicing scheme?
The NPS's Priority Servicing is strictly for professional equipment listed below. You will have to mail or contact NPS office to update your registration.
16. What equipment can be registered under the NPS scheme?
Only Nikon Equipment listed below can be registered :
Own 2 or more of the above professional camera bodies
Own 3 or more professional Nikkor or DX Nikkor Lenses
Locally purchased through a Nikon Australia authorised reseller
Accessories will not be covered under the NPS's Priority Services. Only equipment listed above will be covered by NPS's Priority Services. Equipment listed in the application form will subject to screening. Nikon Australia Pty Ltd. reserves the rights to reject any equipment listed in the application form.